Table of Contents
When your app developer leaves, it can be a major setback for your business. The developer may have taken proprietary knowledge with them, and the app’s codebase may be difficult to understand. This can leave you feeling lost and unsure of what to do next.
However, there are steps you can take to get help and ensure that your app is properly maintained and updated. One option is to work with an agency that specializes in app development.
What to Share With An Agency
There are a few things you will need to share with an agency in order to get their help. First, you will need to share the app’s codebase. This will allow the agency to review the code and understand how the app works.
Second, you will need to share any documentation that is available. This will help the agency understand the app’s requirements and specifications. This will also help the agency understand the decisions that have been made up to this point.
Third, you will need to share information about the app’s current state. This includes any known bugs or issues.
Finally, you will need to share your budget. This will help the agency provide a quote for their services.
How an Agency Can Help
Once you have shared this information with an agency, they will be able to help you in a number of ways. They can:
- Review the codebase and identify any potential problems or areas for improvement. It’s important at this point to see how much of the code can be used by the agency, or if the app will require a full rewrite.
- Provide documentation help, such as writing or updating user guides and API documentation.
- Train a replacement developer, either in-house or remotely. An agency of experienced developers will be able to train someone new and help them be able to specialize in the technology your app requires.
- Help find a replacement in-house hire. Agencies can help you identify the skills and experience you need in a new developer. This will help you create a job posting that attracts the right candidates. They can also guide you through the interview process for a new hire, as well as provide advice for onboarding the new developer.
The Benefits of Working With an Agency
There are a number of benefits to working with an agency when your app developer leaves. First, an agency will have a team of experienced developers who can review the codebase and identify any potential problems.
Second, an agency will be able to provide documentation help, which can be essential for ensuring that the app is properly maintained and updated.
Third, an agency can train a replacement developer, either in-house or remotely. This can save you the time and expense of hiring a new developer.
Finally, an agency can help you find a replacement in-house hire. This can ensure that you have a developer who is familiar with your company’s culture and codebase.
How to Find a Reputable Agency
There are many reputable agencies that can provide these services. However, it is important to do your research and choose one that is a good fit for your needs.
Here are a few things to look for when choosing an agency:
- Experience: Make sure the agency has experience working with apps that are similar to yours.
- Expertise: Make sure the agency has a team of experienced developers who can review the codebase and provide documentation help.
- Responsiveness: Make sure the agency is responsive to your needs and can provide you with a quote in a timely manner.
One method you can use to find an agency is by utilizing review sites such as Clutch. With Clutch, you can search for developers by location, technology, and budget.
If you are looking for a new developer, consider contacting us. We have helped many clients through swapping developers in the past and creating apps that meet their business goals.
Taking The Next Step
If your app developer leaves, you don’t have to panic. There are steps you can take to get help and ensure that your app is properly maintained and updated. Working with an agency is a great way to get this help.
By following the tips in this article, you can find a reputable agency that can help you get your app back on track.